Accepting Two Pediatric Audiology Externs
Contact: Julie Verhoff, AuD, PhD, CCC-A
1600 Rockland Rd
Wilmington, DE 19707
Anticipated start date is 05/20/2024 and ending 05/16/2025. This is designated as Full Time. No Stipend provided $0 annually.
Dynamic Audiology department working directly in conjunction with pediatric otolaryngologists, speech language pathologists, psychologists, social workers, pediatricians, and multidisciplinary team members at an established pediatric hospital is searching for a reliable, motivated, hardworking Pediatric Audiology Extern for a rotating position through the main hospital on the Alfred I. DuPont Campus and five satellites located in DE, NJ, and PA. Services include audiometry, immittance measures, otoacoustic emissions, electrophysiological measures, cortical potentials, vestibular evaluations, auditory processing evaluations, fitting and dispensing of hearing aids, bone conduction devices, cochlear implants, and remote microphone systems for children birth through 21 years of age. Opportunities to be involved in research are available if interested.
Send resume/CV, letter of intent, unofficial graduate transcript, and two letters of recommendations to email@example.com by Friday, September 22, 2023.
Application process will follow the Audiology Clinical Education Network (ACEN) timeline. All chosen applicants will be offered a virtual interview to be held via Microsoft Teams.
- Application Deadline: Friday, September 22, 2023
- Interviews Begin: Monday, September 25, 2023
- Interviews complete: Friday, October 20, 2023
- Offers extended beginning: Monday, September 25, 2023, and Monday, October 23, 2023 (11 am Eastern; 8 am Pacific) Students cannot be required to respond prior to Tuesday, October 24, 2023, at 7 pm EST (offer stands until October 24, 2023, 7 pm EST). Students can choose to respond at an earlier date/time. If the student accepts, they need to withdraw all other applications.
- Response Deadline: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, at 7 pm Eastern; 4 pm Pacific
- Subsequent Offers Begin: Tuesday, October 24, 2023 (7 pm Eastern; 4 pm Pacific)
- Reposting unfilled positions: Tuesday October 24, 2023 (7 pm Eastern; 4 pm Pacific)
- Nemours Children’s Hospital, Delaware
- Alfred I. DuPont Campus
- ATTN: Audiology / Dr. Julie Verhoff
- 1600 Rockland Road Wilmington, DE 19803
Affiliation with an accredited AuD program
·Motivation to learn about and work with pediatric patients
·Contribution to clinical protocols and up-to-date techniques
·Professionalism with colleagues and patients
·Willingness to work with dynamic team of audiologists, physicians, therapists, and hearing researchers
This site is reported to have 13 staff audiologists and 0 who are CH-AP Certified and 5 who are with their CCC-A certifications.
The site is reportedly serving these populations:
Pediatric ,School Aged ,Developmental Disabilities
Expect these experiences: Diagnostic Evaluation ,Auditory Evoked Potentials ,Newborn Hearing Screening ,Hearing Aid Eval Dispensing ,Cochlear Implant EvalMapping ,Bone Anchored Hearing Devices ,Vestibular Eval Rehabilitation ,Tinnitus EvalTreatment ,Auditory Processing ,Aural HabilitationRehab. ,Hearing Conservation ,Assistive Technologies ,Onsite Continuing Education ,Research Opportunities ,Community Outreach .
Experiences expected here include:
The Audiology experiences include: Diagnostic Evaluation ,Auditory Evoked Potentials ,Newborn Hearing Screening ,Hearing Aid Eval Dispensing ,Cochlear Implant EvalMapping ,Bone Anchored Hearing Devices ,Vestibular Eval Rehabilitation ,Tinnitus EvalTreatment ,Auditory Processing ,Aural HabilitationRehab. ,Hearing Conservation ,Assistive Technologies ,Onsite Continuing Education ,Research Opportunities ,Community Outreach .
The Inter professional and collaborative practice experiences include:
Dentist, Dietician, Family Members, Nurse, Occupational Therapist, Physicians, Physical Therapists, Psychologist, Recreational Therapist, Social Worker, Special Educator, Speech-Language Pathologist, Teachers, Voc. Rehab Counselor.
Other experiences vary, but could be:
Demographics of populations served:
Ethnicity, Race, Culture, National Origin, Socioeconomic Status, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation, Religion, Exceptionality
English, English Language Learner, Primary English Dialect, Secondary English Dialect, Bilingual, Polyglot, Gender Identity, Sign Language ASL or SEE, Cognitive Physical Ability
Students and Peers
- The overall number of students at this site is 4.
- The number of externs at this site is expected to be: 2.
You missed out!