Norton Children’s Audiology is accepting applications for an AuD Extern in Louisville, KY
Contact: Shelley Moats, AuD, PASC (Aud.Externship.NCMG@gmail.com)
- Anticipated start date of the externship is 5/1/2024, with anticipated ending date is 4/30/2025. This is a full time, paid position with benefits. There is the possibility of continued employment after graduation based on staffing needs at that time.
- Any offer of an externship is contingent on a successfully negotiated affiliation agreement between the selected candidate’s academic program and Norton Healthcare, to be completed prior to May 2024.
- All applications should be submitted in a SINGLE PDF, including letters of recommendation, to the email listed above. Please do not have letters of recommendation sent separately as they will not be accepted. The application should include:
- Letter of intent
- Unofficial graduate transcript (do not send undergrad transcripts please)
- Three letters of recommendation, two of which must be from clinical supervisors
All applicants will receive a confirmation email upon receipt of their completed application. If you do not receive an email, please call 502-588-9587 x13888.
Norton Children’s Audiology, formerly Little Ears Hearing Center, is a growing pediatric audiology center. We offer a wide range of services as noted below. Norton Children’s Audiology has historically been known in the region for our caring and family-centered approach to care, as well as our multidisciplinary collaboration. Our staff currently consists of six audiologists (1 with PASC certification, 2 with CH-AP certification), two SLP’s who exclusively serve children with hearing loss, a deaf educator/early interventionist, two ENT physicians, and one ENT ARNP. We provide clinical education opportunities to AuD students enrolled at the University of Louisville, so there are opportunities for the extern to interact with peers from another academic program.
Upon completion of the 4th year externship at Norton Children’s Audiology, the selected candidate will be well-qualified for employment in any pediatric audiology setting in the country.
- Practice locations include clinic offices at 1050 E. Market St. Suite 001, Louisville KY 40206; and 411 E. Chestnut Street Level 6, Louisville KY 40202. Our providers also travel to Norton Children’s Hospital and Norton Children’s Medical Center to provide sedated testing and inpatient services. All sites are within 10 miles of one another.
- For more information, please visit https://nortonchildrens.com
Services provided include:
- Diagnostic audiology evaluation including behavioral testing (VRA/CPA/standard audiometry)
- Outpatient Newborn Hearing Screenings
- Diagnostic ABR/ASSR evaluations
- Ototoxicity monitoring and inpatient diagnostic testing
- Hearing device evaluation, fitting, follow up including real ear measurements and validation measures
- Cochlear implant and bone anchored hearing device candidacy evaluations, programming, and follow up. Aural rehabilitation is supported by in-house SLP’s who are dedicated to working with children with hearing loss and their families.
Demographics of populations served:
- Ethnicity, Race, Culture, National Origin, Socioeconomic Status, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation, Religion, Exceptionality
- English, English Language Learner, Primary English Dialect, Secondary English Dialect, Bilingual, Polyglot, Gender Identity, Sign Language ASL or SEE, Cognitive, Physical Ability